The electronic ink, for now
Only works well with grayscale images, and requires a good light to see it, because it has no backlight. Therefore, the Sony DPT-RP1 is a product halfway between a tablet and an eBook.
At the functional level, it allows you to read PDF documents on your screen with 1,650 x 2,220 pixels (can be converted from other formats), with up to a month of autonomy.
13.3-Inch Screen - Sony DPT-RP1
But the Sony DPT-RP1 offers a 13.3-inch screen, a larger space than e-books, and with tactile functionality. Thanks to the included pen, it is comfortable to annotate.
Sony claims that it has the thickness of 30 pages of paper. Today we also learned about the development of an electronic ink laptop, so it seems that this technology is becoming fashionable again.
The Sony DPT-RP1 electronic ink tablet features a Marvell IAP140 64-bit processor with 4 cores, and 16GB of storage, with space for up to 10,000 documents. It has Wi-Fi ac MIMO and Bluetooth 4.2, while the autonomy can reach one month.
This is an interesting 13.3-inch tablet based on an electronic ink screen that can meet the specific needs of certain users.
- World's thinnest, lightest letter-size tablet device: as thin as 30 sheets of paper.
- Projected capacitive touchscreen allows for “pencil or pen style” writing and erasing with provided stylus.
- High contrast and no glare, so text can be read clearly even in bright sunlight.
- Easy drag & drop transfer of documents via USB or wireless (Wi-Fi or Bluetooth) with Digital Paper app installed on your PC or Mac.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to three weeks use on a single charge. 16GB internal memory provides storage for approximately 10,000 PDF files.
- ► Ultimate Onyx Boox Max2 Android HDMI & Boox N96
- ► Read Kindle Books with Alexa. Ideal device for the blind
- ► We do a Review of Kindle Oasis Waterproof
- ► Kindle PaperWhite Better Than a Tablet
- ► IP68 Waterproof Kobo Aura One
- ► Onyx Boox 67ML Carta 2 - eReader Max & Max2 HDMI
- ► Travel gadgets 2020
- e-Readers and e-Books for Tourism
- National Parks in United States