Ingredients for onion soup. French traditional recipe
- 6 large and sweet onions
- 30 ml (1 oz) of extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- 60 g (2 oz) of butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 (70 oz.) Liters of meat broth
- 12 slices of baguette bread
- 3 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 30 ml (1 oz) of brandy or cognac
- 120 g (4 oz) of soft grated cheese (Gruyère type)
How to prepare French Onion Soup
Onion French Soup: a exquisite, traditional and basic recipe in any self-respecting kitchen. A delicious and simple dish that can be a first course at Christmas or a unique dish with a large bowl of soup at a homemade dinner.
Today we present the modern version of this soup originating in France, made with dry bread, broth and caramelized onions.