What is the American Forces Travel Reservation?
There Are many for-profit online leisure travel offerings marketed to the military today. But Defense System Travel is the only official online program. AFT ( American Forces Travel) proceeds will support MWR programs for the military community. AFT provides free access to the site for those who have served their country.This program does NOT replace or in any way relate to Defense Travel System (DTS)
Defense Travel System
American Forces Travel ℠ is committed to providing high-quality and best value travel services to patrons affiliated with the Department of Defense as a way to thank them for their service and dedication to our country.
What are the Authorized Patrons for Defense Travel System today?
- All current active duty military (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard)
- All members of the Reserve components and National Guard
- Coast Guard Auxiliary Active Duty
- All current active duty and retired National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- All current active duty and retired US Public Health Service (USPHS)
- All retired military, including those in the Reserves and National Guard who are retirement eligible
- All Medal of Honor recipients
- All veterans with service-connected disabilities, all veterans who are Purple Heart recipients, all veterans who are former prisoners of war, all individuals approved and designated as the primary family caregivers of eligible veterans under the Department of Veterans Affairs Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
- Eligible family members who are officially sponsored (ID card holder) by authorized patrons in the above categories
- All Department of Defense and Coast Guard civilians, including appropriated funds (APF) employees and nonappropriated funds (NAF) employees
- Full-time, paid employees of the American Red Cross and United Service Organizations (USO) hired in the United States and serving at U.S. DoD installations overseas
Eligible Authorized Patrons Coming Soon:
- All Department of Homeland Security (DHS) civilians in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), including appropriated and non appropriated fund employees
A quick eligibility check is only required on the American Forces Travel reservation site to begin accessing savings that can include up to 60% discount on hotel stays.
What are the Benefits of American Forces Travel Defense System?
Flights, Hotels, Car Rental & Cruises. Armed Forces Travel Discounts
- Seat selections with partnered airlines
- Real-time confirmation
- Insurance available through Allianz
- Multiple fliers for different searches
- Frequent flyer miles earned
- Booking and change fees waived
American Forces Travel Reviews Hotels
- Various discount and payment options
- Waived cancellation fees
- Ability to accommodate large groups (great for retiree reunions)
- Search filters. Instant confirmation
- Insurance available through Allianz
- Unmasked hotel pricing
Armed Forces Travel Discounts: Car Rental
- Prepayment options available for additional savings
- Search filters friendly
- Loyalty options available
- Most major brands worldwide and Most reservations can be cancelled
- Ability to link flight information with rental
- Collision insurance available through Allianz
American Forces Travel Defense: Cruises
- AFT member only pricing
- Waived processing fee.No deposit down
- Additional military extras such as upgrades, onboard amenities, spa credits or ship gift cards
- 24/7 Helpdesk
- 110% price guarantee
- Transfer of cruise rewards points
- Armed Forces Travel Discounts
- Who is the provider that provides this new online leisure travel service and what is the name of this new service?
►The provider is Priceline Partner Network (PPN), a division of Priceline.com. The name of this new service is American Forces Travel.
- How does the validation process work to determine user eligibility?
►User eligibility will be validated through the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- If there is a problem with the validation, how does the user resolve it?
►The initial online registration process will provide specific instructions and contact information to eligible clients who are denied access incorrectly.
- Will there be a website for everyone to access or will each service have a unique website?
►There is a single online MWR leisure travel portal for all users, www.amercainforcestravel.com
- Will there be 24/7 travel agent assistance for clients during the reservation process and continuous assistance during the client's travel process in case of problems with reservations during the trip?
►Customer service agents will be available 24/7, both during and after the reservation process.
- Will American Forces Travel offer air tickets originating outside the US? UU. Or those who are completely abroad?
- Will American Forces Travel be available in all countries?
- Does American Forces Travel offer a "best value guaranteed" feature?
►PPN offers a "best value guaranteed" policy that is comparable to other suppliers in the industry.
- Will travel insurance be offered that covers contingencies of military travel change?Travel
►Insurance is available for purchase with Allianz.
- Will American Forces Travel be available to book official trips, as an alternative to the Defense Travel Service (DTS)?
►This program does NOT replace or in any way relate to Defense Travel Service (DTS).
Maybe you are interested
- Tourism in Las vegas
- American Forces Travel Official Site
- Luxury Luggage +
- Home +
- Best Travel Gadgets - Samsonite Suitcases
- TSA Rules for Traveling
- Eat and Drink Safety for Travelers U.S. Dep CDC
- How many People Travel?
- Diabetes. Sugar Boold Portable Tester
- Top Products Amazon Store